Shattered Glass

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Quaint Reminder

WHAT A WORLD WIND!


I've decided it's time for me to bust open the door to this seemingly welded gilded cage and fly....to ARIZONA.


For those of you who've been keeping up with my recent posts, you're aware of my recent self-discovery which took place during my retreat to Tucson - sometimes retreats are necessary to remind yourself and the world what TRULY matters.


Health. Love. Happiness.


Those 30 days were some of the most revealing days of my life. Countless memorable moments, raw memories, ones that have motivated me to go back.


Since being back home I've digressed into some "old" habits - you know, the ones that convince you to listen to that critical inner voice telling you who you should be, what you should be and why you should be it? Yea, those toxic habits.


But, starting May 30th, I'm leaving those habits here. This camel has taken her last straw.


Fittingly, I ran across a "quaint" little reminder today, despite the fact that I found it on one of my notorious little gossip sites, the point is that somehow it reminded me of all those things I learned about myself while out there by myself. 


A quote, well an excerpt, from a documentary that Demi Moore produced called, "The Conversation." 


It's pretty powerful, the whole concept really. Initiating a global conversation about femininity and all it entails. Heavy stuff. 


As I looked within myself I found that this quote resonated with me so deeply, as an individual, but especially as a woman. Perhaps, it reminded me to reconsider the beauty within my vulnerability and the perfection within my imperfections:


courtesy of theybf.com


"...It’s like, we’re beautiful not because of what size we are, we’re beautiful because of how your mind works and you’re beautiful because you have this gorgeous heart and that comes from way more than you fitting in some size two dress. And we’re beautiful because of all these things that come up and tumble out of us and that’s beautiful because I just always feel like I love being a woman. I really love it...." -  A. Keys


However, if ever, you digest these words I urge you to let them marinate. Maybe a physical retreat isn't an option for you at the moment, but a mental retreat certainly always is. No matter the day, time, or space.


I'm curious to know where these words lead you on your rediscovery....


Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment