Shattered Glass

Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Fascinated by Fascinators"

Yet another one of my fav style icons - the ever so dainty Duchess Catherine. 


I have been rooting for her since day one, and yes, I've been following her delicious relationship with His Royal Highness Prince Williams since their days at St. Andrews.


Pure and utter jealousy seeps from my veins as I'm typing this.


I know, I know...what can I say...a girl can dream, can't she?!


In my opinion, Her Royal Highness's journey to the castle puts even Cinderella's storybook romance to shame. And trust me, I hold disney princesses to quite a high esteem,well done Kate!


As I'm sure many of you out there did, I too woke up bright and early at 5:30am to watch a girl become a princess...and just as she did yours...she took my breath away!


And I must say, these days, Kate Middleton, is truly Princess Catherine. 


She walks, talks, and even dresses like royalty and I'm loving every couture bit of it.


Brits have always captivated me with their fashion sense. I find their style to be chic yet trendy, nothing too much nor too little.


They seem to have gotten the art of looking classic yet high-style down to a science.


My #1 obsession of theirs: FACINATORS!
google.com
The Parisians have berets the Spaniards have mantillas, and the British have facinators!


Though they have been wearing them for years, Princess Catherine has really made them the "it" accessory nowadays, or so it seems to me.


Whether big or small, intricate or simple, adorned in feathers or plain, Kate's fascinators always keep me coming back for more. 


google.com
google.com
They add a sprinkle of youth to her outfits and are each topped with a pinch of that warm-hearted character that we all love so much.


Now, don't be fooled, at first glance I admit I was. These "royal" creations are indeed pricey! Mostly made to order, they can range in prices from hundreds to thousands, and in some cases beyond...


But who's counting (wink wink)??


As usual, for your shopping pleasure, I've come equipped with good news and great prices. 


I found some GREAT fascinator "look-a-likes" online at a store called, "Fascinators NYC". You can find a variety of themes, styles and colors all for LESS than $50!



fascinatorsnyc.com


   
fascinatorsnyc.com
fasincatorsnyc.com
Royalty at real prices - live the dream ladies!


And remember, the next time you are running out the door for Happy Hour, why not "Fascinate" your friends with a lil' something extra?


Post pics of you or your friends in your "fascinators," I'd love to see them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment