Shattered Glass

Saturday, November 12, 2011

"Lo Prices"

We all have fashion icons - individuals we pull inspiration from and try effortlessly to mimic.

I have quite a few myself,as I hope each and everyone of you do too, at the top of my list, Miss Jennifer Lopez.

diet-weight-lose.com
E.F.F.O.R.T.L.E.S.S

That's how I would describe her style in one word.

This woman knows how to take sexy, classy, and trendy and mesh them together all in one look in record time - now that's talent!

Yes, yes I know...she also has a pretty fab team...that never hurts.

I think style represents not only who you are, but where you come from. 

I deeply appreciate the way in which her fashion sense has evolved - she's always stayed true to her experiences. 

From her days riding the 6 train in NYC, to many an evening on the Red Carpet beneath the Hollywood lights, she's matured and her style says it all.

Jenniferlopezmusic.com
I'm a grad student. So trust me, I know what it's like to see negative signs in your bank account, it's not pleasant to say the least.

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't maintain, let alone afford a trillion dollar wardrobe like Miss Lopez. Right now at least.

But thanks to her creativity, I don't have to and neither do you!

When I heard J.LO was partnering with Kohl's on a new collection of affordable yet fashionable clothes, I jumped for joy, literally.
google.com
This was my chance to channel my inner diva. 

I rushed to the store and I tried everything on - from outerwear, to trousers, to sweaters, to shirts, to dresses, to boots, I was fully decked in the Jennifer Lopez Collection for hours on end. 

And to my surprise, EVERYTHING WAS ON SALE!

Nothing, not one item I gravitated toward, was over $110.

I kid you not.In fact, the most expensive piece was a jacket with a faux fur collar trim priced at $105.

Great fashion, at "Lo" prices, nothing beats it.

Given the current state of the economy it's no secret that most everyone today lives on a budget. Having said that, I refuse to accept that one must sacrifice looking and feeling great about herself as a consequence.

No,no,no. Excuses won't get you out of this one my loves.

So, how do you beat the bank?

You have to think smart and be creative when shopping.

Most designers today, like Jennifer, are partnering with big time stores like Target, Sears, Walmart, and Kohl's to accommodate people's wallets.

The great thing about these stores - they send coupons in the mail.

Sales on top of sales people, can you hear the music?!

J.LO's pieces are timeless and timely - overly affordable.

As usual, I have a couple fav pieces, which I'll feature below. But I urge you to check the nearest Kohl's and experiment with the Jennifer Lopez Collection at your own leisure. 
Seeing is Believing. Let me know what you think!


**Afterthought** Read more about this "Woman of the Year," in the December issue of GLAMOUR, on stands now!

2 comments:

  1. Undoubtedly the BEST collection at Kohl's. It almost doesn't even seem like it belongs in the store. I'm a Kohl's lover, and her collection makes me an even bigger fan of the store.

    I also own a few things from the collection. I wore her ivory dress and I can't even tell you how many compliments I received from absolute strangers (as well as my boyfriend) about how much they loved my dress.

    And...as a woman with curves, it's amazing to actually find clothes that fit, because like J.Lo, my lower "assets" at times make it hard to find clothes that actually fit.

    Great line, will continue to buy items from it, as her clothes scream SWAG!

    ReplyDelete