Shattered Glass

Friday, November 11, 2011

"Fashionably, Functional"

collegefashions.net

The mere thought of winter leaves me all warm and fuzzy inside. 

Well...OK... that's a slight exaggeration. 

Snowflakes, although beautiful, don't really tickle my fancy the way winter fashions do.

I LIVE for versatility - the scarves, the boots, the capes, the berets, the colors....ah...simply fabulous.

So I decided, with Christmas just around the corner, to share some thoughts on staying warm and cute, even in the middle of a blizzard...'lest you forget... I live in Syracuse people!

 It's pretty simple, actually, I can sum it up in two words: 

...FASHIONABLY FUNCTIONAL...

That's the goal ladies and gents. Invest in fashion that serves a purpose.

That's it! 

For those of you out there that are anything like me and my friends, well then, you too dread seeing those poor souls out there (you know exactly who I'm referring to) who sacrifice their common sense in the name of fashion. I can't say enough about how utterly foolish I find their rationale to be.

I say it loud and I say it proud: There is ABSOLUTELY nothing cute about shivering to death for the sake of looking cute. 

Trust me. I'm all too familiar with the, "I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard, but obviously I am because left my coat at home in the middle of a snow storm" mentality and I'm here to say, it's transparent and frankly, it's unattractive. 

So do yourself and consequently me a favor: BE MINDFUL, BUT BE FABULOUS!!

I treat building a wardrobe like I treat building a friendship, sometimes you have to give a little to get something great in return. 

I see nothing wrong with spending a little extra dough if it means that you'll not only look great, but you'll feel great too.

Now, before you go off and justify those $300 pair of gucci gloves you've been eyeballing on bluefly.com (guilty), ask yourself, does it really make sense to spend that on ONE pair of gloves?

I've learned the value of investing when it comes to fashion. 

Sure, I have my vices **cough, cough** shoes...shoes...and more shoes...

But I'm learning... the key to shopping is...shop with integrity, not impulsivity!

Here are some tips that I've found helpful, give them a try:

1. Buy winter staples and accessories in the spring and summer to save on deals, they are the best!

2. Always compare and contrast things before you make a final purchase, chances are you'll find the best bargain for your buck!

3. Reuse and Recycle! If something's functional, chances are it can somehow be stylish.

4. Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize!

5. Don't be afraid to invest in something pricey, IF and only IF it's worth it!


For great deals on winter fashions, check out ideeli.com and ruelala.com, I find a lot of fashionably functional items at good prices here!



No comments:

Post a Comment