Shattered Glass

Friday, November 11, 2011

"Thank You VOGUE!"

I'm elated. Read this. And you shall know why.

If you know me, even the slightest bit, chances are you have been privy to many a conversation featuring Beyonce.

My Love. My Mentor. My Icon.


Theybf.com


What is there not to L.O.V.E about a woman who, in her own right, walks, talks, and sings, FABULOSITY (Yes, I had to quote Miss Kimora Lee, my sincere apologies to all the haters).

Yesterday, the epic fashion powerhouse that is VOGUE, honored Bey and her uber chic lil' sis Solange with two coveted spots on their "Best Dressed" list....ahhh...to die!

I love these sisters for oh so many reasons. Mainly, 'cause they aren't afraid to be different.

I can directly relate. As I'm sure many of you out there can.

My older sister and I, nearly three years apart, are as different as black and white - and we wouldn't have it any other way.

In my book, two halves make a whole.

And from the looks of it, the Knowles' couldn't agree more. 

It's so....REFRESHING...yes...that's the word...that light is being shined on two successful, talented, and stylish women of color (that just so happen to be related). 


Furthermore, that a historical magazine with such rich history like VOGUE is celebrating them up front and center.

I can't wait to pick up this special, yes...special, edition ASAP. It graces newsstands November 15th, make sure you grab a copy, I know I'll be waiting in line.

See ya'll there!!


P.S. Follow-up to come on the other featured fashionistas and fashionistos that made the cut...


                   STAY TUNED AND STAY FABULOUS <3.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks SOOO much Wendy! I am honored and touched that you recommended me and of course I will follow and keep you with your blog!

    I loveeee fashion inspired from worldly travels, singapore is on my list!

    Follow me on twitter as well @liz_lewin and facebook Lizabella121.

    Let's keep in touch!

    Stay Fabulous <3

    ReplyDelete